This page provides an overview of the Galileo's World exhibit in one compact and easy to scan format. See also the Reprise (2016-2018) page.
In celebration of OU’s 125th anniversary, Galileo’s World was a series of exhibits, events, and programs at the Bizzell Memorial Library, the Sam Noble Museum, the National Weather Center, the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art, Headington Hall, the Robert M. Bird Health Sciences Library, and the OU-Tulsa Schusterman Library. In its original phase from August 2015 through 2016, and now in its reprise through summer of 2018, Galileo’s World illustrates connections between science, art, literature, music, religion, philosophy, politics, and culture.
Click any gallery below for a list of objects displayed (author/title/date), placed in exhibition sequence:
- Bizzell Memorial Library, 5th floor
- National Weather Center
- Sam Noble Museum of Natural History: "Through the Eyes of the Lynx"
- Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art
- Galileo and Sports (Headington Hall)
- Galileo and the Health Sciences (Bird Library, Oklahoma City)
- The Scientific Revolution (Schusterman Library, Tulsa)
Curators: Kerry Magruder and Brent Purkaple